Technology Ambassadors Program (TAP) was established at GGC in 2012 through a grant from the STARS Computing Corps.
Program goals include
- Increasing the number of students who persist in an IT major or minor, particularly those underrepresented in computing
- Developing leadership, communication, and technical skills for program participants
- Providing student-driven technological support for GGC outreach initiatives and introductory STEM courses
Students serving as Technology Ambassadors (TAs) receive the following benefits:
- Enhanced leadership, communication, and technical skills
- Meaningful projects to list on resume or graduate school application
- Affiliation with national STARS Leadership Corp with possible funding to attend STARS Celebration, an annual leadership conference
- Beginning Spring 2016, receive 3 hours of elective credit for STEC 4800 Service Learning course
To apply to become a Technology Ambassador, see the Recruitment page. We will continue accepting applications until all positions are filled.